Mar 4, 2016

Men of Honor by KC Lynn Series Review

So I just finished reading this series and I realized that I never reviewed the books. KC Lynn is one of my favorite NA/Adult authors so I had to.

BOOK ONE

Title: Fighting Temptation
Number of Pages: 399

Goodreads l Amazon 

Synopsis:
"Jaxson is arrogant, angry and aggressive. Yet he’s also beautiful, strong and honorable. I unconditionally and irrevocably love every damaged part of him. And for the boy, who didn’t believe in love, he would always and forever have mine. ~Julia Sinclair
Julia was different from anyone I’d ever met. I never thought someone so good and genuine existed until her. The more I saw of her the more I became addicted to her. Every time I was around her she would destroy some of the darkness that lurked inside of me. She made the bad shit in my life seem not so terrible. Then, before I knew it, I had fallen for a girl from another world. ~Jaxson Reid
Two unlikely friends—the innocent, good girl and the notorious bad boy. One fateful night brought them together, and they formed a bond—one so strong it was unbreakable—until one night they gave into temptation.
Fast forward five years and Jaxson is back to fix the mistakes he’s made with the only girl who’s ever mattered to him. Only someone isn’t happy with his return, someone who thinks Julia is theirs and they will stop at nothing to make sure it stays that way—forever.
Jaxson will not only fight to protect Julia, but will also battle the new and existing demons that haunt his soul from death, corruption, destruction and war."
I had seen this book mentioned on Goodreads a couple of times and when I saw it was free on Amazon, I immediately picked it up and got hooked. This is KC Lynn's first book and in a way you can tell that the novel is written by someone less experienced but it isn't horrible. The plot line and characters were fabulous, the writing just needed some tweaking. 

Jaxson is definitely someone who has a lot of issues and needs work but he genuinely cares about Julia, and Julia is someone who is just so kind and innocent that it is impossible not to fall in love with her. These two characteristics forced me to read and by the end I was in love. I downloaded the next book ASAP. 

This is a book that I continue to go back to when I'm looking for a sweet read that will still pull at my heartstrings. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

**THIS BOOK IS STILL FREE SO GO PICK UP RIGHT NOW!

BOOK TWO 

Title: Sweet Temptation
Number of Pages: 306
Goodreads l Amazon

Synopsis:
"At 17 years old Grace Morgan had managed to live through what would be the worst day of her life. One would think this is where her torment ended, but then she was sent to live with him- the devil himself. 
Three years later she finds herself in the beautiful, small town of Sunset Bay, South Carolina- a perfect place to start her life over. This is where she meets the best friends she will ever have, and one cocky, sexy, arrogant ex-Navy Seal whose heart turns out to be bigger than his ego. Right when things start looking up the worst day of her life comes back with a vengeance; ruining the peace she had just found. 
Sawyer Evans is a strong, sexy, confident ex-Navy Seal who loves women just as much as they love him. His philosophy is: the more the merrier, with no strings attached. But all that changes the day he rolls into Sunset Bay, where he meets a sweet, sexy blonde with sad amber eyes, who smells like cupcakes and bakes the most delicious pies. The only girl who isn’t affected by his good looks and charm... or so he thinks. 
But Sawyer is a fighter who is used to getting what he wants, and he wants Grace. Along the way of making that happen, he finds out she holds secrets, and a pain much deeper than he thought possible- and he has known pain like no other man has.
A year ago he made a life-altering decision that not only bought him a week in hell with men he considers his brothers, but also ended his career. It was a decision he will never regret, no matter the scars he bares, physically or emotionally. He refused to let that moment in his life break him or define him. 
So when Grace’s life is threatened, he will make another decision, one to not only protect her, but also mend her broken heart. "
Oh boy, this book is all about Sexy Sawyer. Sawyer is the one who will make you laugh so hard that you'll develop abs, but he is also one of the sweetest. Reading about the relationship that developed between Sawyer and Grace just pulled at my heartstrings. The amount of effort that Sawyer put into getting Grace to be his is just so darn cute!

The writing in this book really developed from Fighting Temptation and I enjoyed the book even more. Putting that with the amazing character development and plot in this book just made it even better than the last. This is definitely one of my favorites to read if I'm looking for a lot of cute moments. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

BOOK THREE

Title: Resisting Temptation
Number of Pages: 406
Goodreads l Amazon

Synopsis:
"Faith ~ 
Cade Walker is like no man I’ve ever met before. He’s cynical, brooding, mysterious and, most of all, damaged. He’s a man who declares he’s broken, and one who detests the two very things I live for most: God and love. Yet, I’ve still fallen completely in love with him because I also see the good, something that no one else ever has. I see a man who is strong, silent, honorable and beautiful. He’s a man who is now scarred just as badly on the outside of his body as he is on the inside, all because of me. One who endured severe torture in order to save me from what would be the worst thing I will ever experience in my entire life. He is a man I call my dark angel, one who will have my heart until the end of time, even if I can never have his.
Cade ~ At fifteen years old I lost the only person that ever mattered to me, and the day I lost my little sister in the most vile way was the exact moment I stopped living and only existed. That’s until ten years later, when I walked into an open field in Iraq to hear the most incredible voice I would ever hear in my life. One that rooted me to my spot, and ended up belonging to the most beautiful woman in the world. The only woman to ever make me feel something again, something that I thought was dead inside of me. And no matter how badly I wanted to keep her, I knew I couldn’t. Not with what I have lurking inside of me. It’s something I’ve always kept hidden. That is, until the day I unleashed it on the people who dared to hurt her. It was the one thing that gave me the strength to save us, but it was also the one thing that would remind me of why I could never have her.
Now two years later, the one girl I never thought I would ever see again, the one I have spent my days and nights craving like an addict, walks back into my life unexpectedly, giving us both the shock of our lives. And when the time comes that she needs me again, I no longer resist. Before I know it, I’m pulled into a life I thought I could never have, one that scares the shit out of me but it’s one I’m realizing I want. There is just one problem. One very big problem… She lives for the very thing I loathe, and the one thing that killed my sister… God."
Every time I try to talk about this book all I ever end up talking about is Cade. Cade Walker is definitely my favorite out of all of KC's protagonists. Cade is definitely Cage York from Abbi Gline's Sea Breeze series as my favorite book boyfriend. 

When looking at the other stories this is definitely the hardest to read. Cade went through two horrific events while Faith also shared her fair share of scars. The amount of love I have for this book is immeasurable. I reread a lot of books but this is definitely the book that I have reread the most--like double digits times. 

Everything you could want in a book, well written, beautiful plot, amazing characters, and drool-worthy guys, are in this book. I have read every single one of KC's books but none have made me laugh, cry, fall in love as much as this book has. I would definitely rank this as one of my top five series EVER. 

If I had to recommend that you read one book out of this series it would definitely be Faith and Cade's story. 


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!


No comments:

Post a Comment