Jul 10, 2015

Review: Take Me On by Katie McGarry

Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Number of Pages: 544

Synopsis:

"Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means.
Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor. Suddenly, Haley has to train West Young. All attitude, West is everything Haley promised herself she'd stay away from. Yet he won't last five seconds in the ring without her help.
West is keeping a big secret from Haley. About who he really is. But helping her-fighting for her-is a shot at redemption. Especially since it's his fault his family is falling apart. He can't change the past, but maybe he can change Haley's future.
Hayley and West have agreed to keep their relationship strictly in the ring. But as an unexpected bond forms between them and attraction mocks their best intentions, they'll face their darkest fears and discover love is worth fighting for."
So, I read this book a while ago, but I wanted to write a review on it because I love it so much! 

So, this is the fourth book in the Pushing the Limits series, and it follows Rachel's brother, West, and Hayley, who we meet for the first time. I loved this book just as much as I loved every other book in the series. Both the plot and characters were amazing.

When I first heard this book was coming out, I was confused on why the author chose to write about West because he hadn't played a huge role in the previous books. But when I continued reading the plot started connecting and while it made a lot of sense you can just tell how much thought and creativity went into the plot in order to get everything to tie together. Props to Katie McGarry for such a well written plot that I couldn't have loved more. 

West and Hayley were both very strong characters who I slowly but surely fell in love with. What I especially loved was the kickboxing aspect because it added edge to the story. Also, the issues in the book revolved a lot around family, and I thought that it not only was easy to connect to, but it was realistic like most other Katie McGarry books because the characters are far from perfect.


“'The weight of the world isn't on you, you know?'” 

If you have read the other books in the Pushing the Limits series I would definitely recommend continuing the series because it only gets better. Also, if you haven't read the series I highly recommend the entire series.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment