Dec 27, 2013

2014 Standalone Reading Challenge

2014 Standalone Reading Challenge

So I'm very excited to be participating in Iceybooks & Disneeee's 2014 Standalone Challenge! As much I love sequels and series and all that jazz I really wish I could read more standalones and this challenge is perfect for that!

The Challenge
To read 15 Young Adult and Middle Grade standalone novels in 2014 released in the United States between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.

Eligible Books
-YA/MG standalone novels. This means that the book can not have an announced (sometimes sequels happen unexpectedly) sequel, prequel, follow up, etc.
-Companion novels count towards the challenge as well. Companion novels take place in the same world as a novel but usually follows the life of a different character. It can be read independently from the book that came before it.
-Released between January 1 – Decemeber 31, 2014 in the United States. If a book was previously released in another country but is being releasing in the US for the first time, it is eligible. At the same time, if you live in a country where it was previously released, but it is being released in the states for the first time – lucky you – it counts.
-Must be read in 2014
-Can be read in any (legally) readable format: ARC, Paperback, Hardcover or e-book. Audio books do not count toward the challenge.

I plan on using the Goodreads list as a guideline but will be adding my own books...maybe.

To participate just go to the 2014 Standalone Reading Challenge sign up page

Let me know below if you are participating! Good luck to all of you.

4 comments:

  1. I really love your blog. It's design is unique!
    Maybe you could show me a thing or two... Could you check out my blog, write what you think and maybe, um,uh, write a review on it? I'd really like that and I'll promise to do the same!!!
    www.diaryofasugarmonster.blogspot.com
    From your friend( add me) on goodreads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog! One thing though, try and move your social media buttons towards the top so people see it faster and therefore are more likely to follow! I really enjoy it though!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. YAY! Please link up your challenge so I can see too! :)

      Delete