Aug 8, 2013

Review: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Number of Pages: 401

I just have to mention this cover before I start this review. IT'S SO PRETTY!!! I was describing it to my sister and here was my description, "Marcus, Sydney, and Adrian-the hottie that I'm in love with."

Here's the synopsis:
"In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next."

A heart throbbing, action packed story that will leave you begging for the fourth book in the series.

This story of Adrian and Sydney had me pulling my hair out-in a good way. It was also amazing and put a smile on my face. This book has to be my favorite out of the series so far. Richelle Mead did a great job creating a great third book that definitely fulfills the readers hangover from the last book, this book left you the same way. It was great to take in but the aftermath was painful.

The characters in this book was amazing, Adrian and Sydney just grew as characters in the book. They were great characters, they had all the emotions going on-happiness, confusion, and sadness. It was all there, and it fit in beautifully.

This book had a couple of problems, it had the big one and little ones woven into the plot. Richelle Mead did a great job letting them all flow together yet not taking away from each others. I was aware of all the problems at all times. None of them took away from the other. It wasn't choppy it all fit nicely which is what we all what! :)

The romance in this book! 
“But when I touch you, your aura … it smolders. The colors deepen, it burns more intensely, the purple increases. Why? Why, Sydney?” He used that hand to pull me closer. “Why do you react that way if I don’t mean anything to you?” There was a desperation in his voice, and it was legitimate.” 
I was practically melting while I was reading this. I was smiling like an idiot and yet I really didn't care. I loved reading about Adrian and Sydney's relationship. Half the time I really just wanted to smack Sydney and ask her what she was doing. I really don't get her sometimes...

Adrian was a sweetheart but I am a bit biased while this. I absolutely adore Adrian so I would do or say anything for him. 
“Do you want me to call you Celery Stick instead of Cupcake or Honey-Pie? It just doesn’t inspire the same warm and fuzzy feelings.” 
He was especially witty in this book and I loved it as always.

The result of the big problem in this books was a jaw-dropper. I guess I should have seen it coming but I really didn't. I was shocked and yet I wasn't. I was totally caught up with the book at this point and I wanted nothing more than to know what was going to happening. My hands were glued to the sides of the book while my eyes to the words. I absolutely loved the action in this book. It created a movie in my mind, I could see every move that Sydney made and every attack that was thrown. 

Now for my outburst....THAT ENDING!!! WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS CREATE ENDINGS LIKE THAT?!?!? You get to be happy for about TWO pages and then she drops a bomb on us and ends the effing book. Why, why, WHY?!?! I want to scream "YES!" and yet I also want to go into a corner punch the wall a couple of times and then cry in that same corner. 

I'm a total mess right now because I jumped on the computer to right this review as soon as I finished this book so excuse my incomplete thoughts and gibberish if you can't understand something.

I can't wait to read The Fiery Heart!! 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment