Aug 16, 2013

Mini Review: Beautiful Disaster by Francette Phal

Beautiful Disaster (The Bet #1)Author: Francette Phal
Publisher: Self-Published
Number of Pages: 297

Here's the synopsis:
"They created the game but eighteen year old Nicholas Grayson mastered the rules.
They are young and entitled and utterly bored with their lives, so they play games to entertain themselves. They call it the “bet” and new girl Ellie Holbrook is their latest target. Ellie is not the kind of girl Nicholas dates, but she is pretty enough to be his next conquest and so he sets out to seduce her and claim a nice little prize at the end. But her seduction proves difficult when she openly rejects his advances. In his dogged pursuit of her he slowly finds himself in her small circle of trusted friends and meets her two year old daughter, Sophie.
Life takes a startling turn for Nicholas when he realizes his happiness now lies with the young mother and her daughter. Falling in love with Ellie isn’t something Nicholas ever thought could happen to him and he’s completely frightened at how fiercely she makes him feel. But before he can further examine those emotions and clearly process them, enemies from Nicholas’s personal circle of friends conspire to tear them apart and he must now decide whether their love is worth saving or allow his friends to take away the greatest thing that’s ever happened to him."

This book was definitely NOT what I was hoping for. I went into this book hoping that I would like it a lot because many people gave it 4 or 5 stars, but I guess this book just wasn't for me. The characters pissed me off, the plot was just everywhere and I just felt as if the author was changing the character description every couple of chapters.

I was sooo confused throughout this whole book, yet I still felt  I started to like the book towards the end and then the very end just made me want to chuck my Kindle at the wall. The book was finally getting somewhere and then Nicholas had to become an idiot whose ass I desperately I want to kick.

Of course I had to read the second book and I finished that in a day so review to come soon! Personally  the book wasn't all bad there were a few parts that I really liked. Ellie's daughter, Sophie, has got to be the cutest thing and I absolutely adored her. I am a sucker for kids so of course the ending was pretty bittersweet for Ellie.

I'm not saying you shouldn't read this book at all but I didn't enjoy it very much. Definitely give this book a try and then let me know what you thought of it!

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment