Jul 29, 2013

Mini Review: V For Vendetta by Alan Moore

V for VendettaAuthor: Alan Moore, David Lloyd (Illustrator)
Publisher: Vertigo
Number of Pages: 296
8This is a graphic novel*


Synopsis:
"A powerful story about loss of freedom and individuality, V FOR VENDETTA takes place in a totalitarian England following a devastating war that changed the face of the planet. 
In a world without political freedom, personal freedom and precious little faith in anything comes a mysterious man in a white porcelain mask who fights political oppressors through terrorism and seemingly absurd acts. It's a gripping tale of the blurred lines between ideological good and evil."
Ever since I heard of this book I have been dying to read it! The concept struck me as very cool and I wanted to try out graphic novels.

This book has definitely been loved around the bookworm community. I was never a really big fan of graphic novels, anime, manga or anything like that, but now if you look around that is what a lot of people read. So I decided to pick up a graphic novel, I didn't pick up an anime or manga because I loathe them. I looked around for recommendations and the majority of what I found was one word Watchmen. Of course, because the world hates be my libraries didn't have it so I picked V for Vendetta instead.

This book is amazing. The concept of the book is that the government is very strict, and somewhat corrupt. Then there comes a mysterious man in a mask who is trying to fix this. This story was very put together for the most part. Towards the end I felt as if it was a bit rushed and they weren't really explaining anything. I finished the book feeling very confused and not knowing how the book ended. 

Otherwise this was a great read for my first graphic novel I will definitely pick up another one soon!

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment