Jul 14, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 7

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine
Day 7 of Good Books and Good Wine's 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge.

Q: Talk about your blogging quirks.



  • I almost never write out a review the day that I actually finished the book. No, I have to wait a week until I have almost forgotten everything I wanted to write in my review, so then I have to go back and skim the book. #fail
  • My reviews have to be long or else I feel like I am not giving you guys enough information on the book. I don't even know how long but they better be long.
  • If you haven't noticed yet I use "you guys" and "awesome" a lot. I don't know why but I do.
  • I focus way more on the characters than the story line itself. My theory is if the characters suck then the story line is going to be shit (pardon my french).
  • I hate writing negative reviews but it is going to happen, and then I feel really bad when the author reads it. Then I tell myself that I have to be honest because that's what everyone wants-honesty. 
  • Sometimes I feel as if I'm not doing enough reviews. I see all these bloggers putting up reviews almost on a daily basis and I have like 1 a week. Do you guys want me to do more reviews? Let me know!
What quirks do you have? Book-related or otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. I have certain words and phrases I overuse as well. It probably annoys us more than readers. I agree that good characters can make a bad story worth reading. If the characters suck, I don't care how awesome the plot is, I am going to hate it. Hey I use awesome too. LOL! Writing a negative review is awful. Makes you feel like a bully. Every book is not for every person. I try to post every now and again that readers should always give any book they want a try because my word is not gospel. Fun post! I'll be checking in again :0)

    ReplyDelete