Mar 14, 2013

ARC Review: The Bane by Keary Taylor

Currently ReadingAuthor: Keary Taylor
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I won an ARC (advanced reader's copy) of this book and I really loved it. I know the book already came out but I got it the day it came out so...Either way I loved this book. It's not as good as Keary Taylor's Fall of Angels Trilogy, but who can really beat Alex?

Here's the synopsis:
"Before the Evolution there was TorBane: technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter. It had the ability to grow new organs and limbs, to heal the world. Until it evolved out of control and spread like the common cold. The machine took over, the soul vanished, and the Bane were born. The Bane won't stop until every last person has been infected. With less than two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. Eve knows the stories of the Evolution, the time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. But she doesn't need memories to know this world is her reality. This is a world that is quickly losing its humanity, one Bane at a time. Fighting to keep one of the last remaining human colonies alive, Eve finds herself torn between her dedication to the colony, and the discovery of love. There is Avian and West – one a soldier, one a keeper of secrets. And in the end, Eve will make a choice that will change the future of mankind."
I really enjoyed this book. The whole entire concept was amazing to read about. This concept isn't something knew. Robots taking over the world. Nope, it definitely not new. At this point, an author really has to work on how to exucute the book for it to be something original and not cliched. I really feel as if Keary Taylor pulled it off. I loved the whole entire concept of the Bane.

I was kind of sad how the book ended. This is supposed to be a trilogy but I really can't fathom what Keary Taylor would write about beyond this. I'm guessing that we would read more about West's journey and stuff like that.

It's taking a lot of effort not spoil anything for you guys....


*LITTLE SPOILERS!*

Okay let's talk about West and Avian. The two hot guys in this book. West...I found him to be a bit annoying at times, but then he would do something that would make me melt. All this caused my emotions to be all over the place and I really couldn't get a bearing on where I stood with West. Did I like him...sort of. Did I hate him...no. *sigh* He's just so frustrating at times. Why didn't he just tell Eve about his scientist grandfather. I feel as if he really loved he, he wouldn't dare keep anything like that away from here.

Onto Avain! YAY! Okay, I'm so Team Avian. He's a doctor, he's kind, and good lord is he good looking. I definitely was happy at the end. I was about to cry when I figured out he got hurt. Thank god he's okay. Avian, I feel, cares more for Eve than West does. Avain has known her longer and she trusts Avian with her life. Trust is essential when it comes to love.

*NO MORE SPOILERS!*


The ending was such a bittersweet ending. The whole thing with West was like "OH MY GOD. I'm gunna cry!!" :'(  Then we had well...the end. It was such a happy ending for the characters of the book. AGH! I feel like reading it again. 

Well, Keary Taylor is hoping for the second book to be a August 2013 release! Let's keep our fingers crossed. She has finished writing it, now she just needs to edit. Good luck Ms. Taylor!

Well guys, I'm gunna go find another good book to read, you should pick up this good read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment