Mar 30, 2013

New Releases (Week of 3/31/13)

Hey guys! I'm here with this week's new releases. Lately I have only had like 1 release but this week I have 3!

So the first release we have is...The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe.

The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark, #1)Release Date: April 2, 2013
Publisher: Bantam
Number of Pages: 352

Synopsis:

"Lora Jones has always known that she’s different. On the outside, she appears to be an ordinary sixteen-year-old girl. Yet Lora’s been keeping a heartful of secrets: She hears songs that no one else can hear, dreams vividly of smoke and flight, and lives with a mysterious voice inside her that insists she’s far more than what she seems.
 
England, 1915. Raised in an orphanage in a rough corner of London, Lora quickly learns to hide her unique abilities and avoid attention. Then, much to her surprise, she is selected as the new charity student at Iverson, an elite boarding school on England’s southern coast. Iverson’s eerie, gothic castle is like nothing Lora has ever seen. And the two boys she meets there will open her eyes and forever change her destiny.
 
Jesse is the school’s groundskeeper—a beautiful boy who recognizes Lora for who and what she truly is. Armand is a darkly handsome and arrogant aristocrat who harbors a few closely guarded secrets of his own. Both hold the answers to her past. One is the key to her future. And both will aim to win her heart. As danger descends upon Iverson, Lora must harness the powers she’s only just begun to understand, or else lose everything she dearly loves."

 

Next book is a book that I have already read and reviewed. It was really, REALLY good. It is ...Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire! To see my review click here.

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Release Date: April 2,2013
Publisher: Atria Books
Number of Pages: 448

Synopsis:

"Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes."


Now this last book I am very excited about. I love the cover and title may be kinda long but I love it. The book is This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith! I'm just gunna say now that if one y'all send me this book (because I went on a book buying bing and am now broke) I will be your personal slave for life. Shoot me a message!


This Is What Happy Looks LikeRelease Date: April 2, 2013
Publisher: Poppy
Number of Pages: 416

Synopsis:

"If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs? "

I'm just gunna say now that if one y'all send me this book (because I went on a book buying bing and am now broke) I will be your personal slave for life. Shoot me a message! Just press that button that looks like a letter and I will love you forever. 

This book reminds me a little bit of Rock and a Hard Place, and My Life Next Door. If you guys don't know both of those books got a 5 out of 5 stars from me. So now you all now why I must have that book and I understand if all of you want to send me a copy. Haha I'm just kidding, maybe...

So what books are you guys desperately waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. ...what book-buying binge? 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be revealed later...hopefully, if my video camera and computer would work together!

    ReplyDelete