Feb 27, 2013

[Adult] Review: Reflected In You by Sylvia Day

Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)Author: Sylvia Day
Publisher: Berkley
Number of Pages: 338

Synopsis:
"Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine. My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession..."
*THERE ARE SPOILERS INCLUDED IN THIS REVIEW! Sorry but I couldn't hold back...*

Omigod! Omigod! Omigod! Omigod! This............was..............so...............good!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freakin' dreamed about this book. It was so addicting. So much better then the first and so much more emotional. I felt like I was suffocating with all the emotion in this book. 


When Gideon first went out with Corinne I was pissed. I don't think I have ever been that mad at a character before. I was ready to chuck my kindle at a wall and start going off at Sylvia Day. Of course I kept reading because if I didn't I would have died from curiosity. I was just so happy with this book. At the end I thought that Eva would have gone off at Gideon for killing Nathan, but I knew she was actually grateful and happy. I was so happy that she didn't go off at him and they are finally back together. Nathan is a fucking asshole and I hated him so much I wanted to do unspeakable things. I am not going to say what because I'm sure that if I do the police is going to end up at my doorsteps because they want to arrest me for being a threat to the public. 

I really, really, really loved this book. I can not emphasize that enough. In the first book I thought that there was too much sex and that it got very boring because of that. In this one that didn't happen. It was the total opposite. I thought that this one didn't have enough. One reason that I really love this series is because it does have a lot of sex but at the same time it actually has a plot. Yes people! It has a plot! You can go buy this one now! Many books that I read that in which people are involved they don't have a plot. It is basically they jumping each other all day is different places. They are still a lot of fun to read, but the will never be five star material. Sylvia Day manages not to do that. She keeps a balance. I really respect and salute her for that because being able to maintain that balance and still please the reader can be very hard. 


I loved how Cary was still a big part of this book. Before reading this book I was really scared that because of his adventurous night at the end of Bared to You he wouldn't be a big part of this book and Eva would stay away from him for a while. That didn't happen. Yay! *cheers* I am kind of mad at Cary, though. He wants to be with Trey yet he is still banging Tatiana (I love that name!). *shakes head* That is not the way to keep Trey in your life Cary. I am really excited to read the next book that comes out June? Yep, June 4th, 2013. . Wouldn't that make a nice present to your girlfriend or wife boys? Yes it would so now you don't need any help deciding what to get her. You could always get jewelry instead if you want her to be obsessing over you instead of Gideon Cross when 2013 comes around. I loved this book, once again. I recommend it to everyone who reads sexy books like this one. GO READ IT!


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

*This book contains mature content and should only be read by ages 17 and up.*

4 comments:

  1. I love your review. I mean, I hate Nathan now too! I haven't read it yet, but now I have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope I didn't ruin anything for you. You should really read this book, I am so excited for the third and final book to come out. I wish she would just release it already. :P

      Delete
    2. Impossible to ruin anything. I have the memory of a gnat right now. But I am going to wait until I can read 2 and 3 back to back. I thought 1 had too much sex in it too!

      Delete
  2. Hey!! :)
    I definitely enjoyed it, however, there was a fine line of being very close to too much for me! I'm 100% looking forward to the third and final one! I'm intrigued to find out what happens!! :) I'm sure we'll all like it! :)

    Thanks for commenting on my review! :)

    ReplyDelete