Dec 8, 2012

Review: The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax by Trinity Faegen

Author: Trinity Faegen
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Number of Pages: 438

Synopsis:
"Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger--she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx's biggest threat.
A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant--God's promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he's finally found the girl he's been searching for: Sasha.
With the threat of Eryx always looming, Jax knows he has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?"

Let me tell you. This was one one of the first books on my to-reads list when I created a Goodreads account about a year and a half ago. I have wanted to read this book for a really long time but was never really in a rush. If I found it one day then I would read it, if I didn't find it then I didn't read it. It wasn't that big of a day for me, but it was one of those books that I wasn't ever going to take off of my to-reads list just because I couldn't find it. So one day, my mom took me to one of the libraries that is about an hour away from us and we rarely went there, and while I was browsing through the books I found this one. I was super happy of course, because I had been wanting to read it for a while. So immediately once I finished the book I had been reading at that time, I started to read this book.

 I LOVED IT! I was so good. This book was just so different from what I would thought it would be. I had never really thought that a book could be written this way. The sons of Hell are actually just kind people except for one of the brothers? Um....does that just shock anyone else? I loved Jax. Seriously. I loved him! If you know me then you know I would marry Taylor Lautner in a heartbeat if given the chance, but Jax just totally replaces him (Sorry Taylor, I still love you though and am still waiting for that proposal). If Jax is a real person, then Jax come find me if you can't find your Sasha...Hell! I might even be your Sasha. *Looks for Anabo tattoo* Damn it! Sorry Jax I am not your Sasha. But seriously Jax was such a hottie, and better yet, he was hot and really sweet! I'd go for hot any day, but I always end up falling for the sweet, patient guys who just love the girl and will take her because its her not because she's hot but they'll take that as a perk. 

Jax and his brothers were those sweet, loving guys, and I loved that about them. Well there was Eryx, there evil brother who was an asshat and a prick. GO DIE IN A HOLE ERYX! NO ONE LOVES YOU! Yeah, I really hate him. Sasha...can we be friends. She was totally awesome. She was one of those girls who wanted to take care of the people who she loved and would do anything for them. She is one of those people who everyone wants to be friends. I felt really bad for her though. She had super nasty fuck-ups (sorry about the swearing) as an aunt and cousin. They both were so mean. I'm not sure whether it was because they gave their souls to Eryx or if they were just that way from the beginning. Her other cousin and uncle seemed like cool guys until they also gave their souls to Eryx. I felt like she had lost all hope except for her mother and Jax. Then she agreed to marry Jax, and I was super happy. Then I just felt so sad when she realized that her mother had given her soul to Eryx. I felt like someone had just kicked me in the gut and I had the wind knocked out of me. I felt like I was Sarah. I really felt for her. I loved how the author had made you feel like you were the character and not just reading about them. She had put so much emotion into it. 

Also, this book had amazing romance in it. The sex scene had totally caught me off guard. I was pretty sure that was not going to happen, but it did and I was totally not expecting that. I guess I should have expected that with all of that kind of talk going around. I was kind of disappointed at the end when I realized that the next book wasn't going to be in the point of view of Jax and Sasha. At least they will be in the next book, it will just be in the point of view of the other characters. GO READ THIS BOOK PEOPLE! I am telling you. You will not be disappointed. I absolutely love this book, and if anyone has a copy of the next book The Mephisto Kiss, read it and tell me how it is!


Review: 5 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment