Dec 8, 2012

Review: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult

Between the LinesAuthor: Jodi Picoult
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Number of Pages: 352

Synopsis:

"Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.
And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.
Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale."
OH MY EFFING GOD! THIS WAS SO GOOD! I SHOULD REALLY STOP TYPING IN CAPS, BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD! *wait 15 minutes* Woah! OK, so I've calmed down enough to stop writing in caps but I'll probably just get all excited again and start writing in all caps again. Let me say right now. This is not the type of book that I usually read, but I was willing to try something new because of the pretty pictures and the colored font in this book. (Yeah, I'm just that pathetic.) I also tried this because I was the first to check it out from my library and it was in such amazing condition I was like "the book is so clean and so pristine I have to read!". Damn, I just proved my friends right that I'm a nerd. Either way, this book is a mix of a kids book and a teen book. 

It sounds brilliant, right!?!?!?!?!?It has the whole fairytale side of it where the Prince goes and saves the kidnapped Princess. Then you have the Prince (Prince Oliver, who happens to be seriously hot!) who happens to be able to talk to this one Reader, Delilah, who is a social outcast at her school. Oliver wants out of the book and wants to be with Delilah. Throughout the book they try different ways to get Oliver out of the book, and once bringing Delilah into the book. The whole book was so much fun to read. 

I haven't read a book with pictures in so long unless I'm reading a picture book to my brother who is only 8. It was so much fun to see the characters. I loved how Picoult had three different point of views. She had Delilah's point of view, Oliver's, and then she had the fairytale with pictures. They all had different colored font(now isn't that just cool?) and Oliver's point of view was my favorite point of view to read. 

You got to see Delilah and see what was happening in her world then you got to see what the characters in the fairytale did while they weren't be read. This is such an amazing book. I was shocked when I closed this book for the last time that I had actually loved it. It made it so much more better to read because Jodi Picoult wrote it with her daughter. I knew while reading this book that it was written with so much love. 

I recommend this book to everyone who loves to read.....even people who don't like to read. GO READ THIS BOOK! (Oh crap, here I go again) IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING! I WANT OLIVER BECAUSE HE IS SO HOT AND SUCH A GENTLEMEN! MRS.PICOULT YOU HAVE TO WRITE MORE BOOKS LIKE THIS. AHHHHHH! I'M GOING TO BUY THIS BOOK WHEN IT COMES OUT IN PAPERBACK! (Maybe it has already come out in paperback, but I don't know because I'm to busy screaming out this review *shrug* ). I got to go find more books like this. If you find any please send me a message. Thanks! :D

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment